Frequently Asked Questions
Click below to find answers to some frequently asked questions about flying with Children’s Flight of Hope.
When you arrive at the airport, the first place you will go is your airline’s check in counter. You need to have handy your six-digit confirmation code and a form of identification (State ID, License, or Passport).
- At the security check point you will be ask to show your tickets and adults will need to present a valid photo ID (State ID, License, or Passport). Next, you will need to place all carry-on luggage on a moving belt to be screened by a computer. Any large electronics (i.e. laptops) need to be taken out of your bag and placed in one of the provided bins. All liquids must follow the TSA 3-1-1 rule.
- Typically, you also must remove large jackets, jewelry, and shoes. Use the provided bins to send these items through the screening.
- Next, you will need to go through a metal detector. A TSA Agent will direct you how to go through the metal detector. You are then able to collect your belongings and proceed to your gate.
Yes! However, there are some regulations you must follow. All liquids you wish to carry on the plane need to be in a 3.4 ounce container or smaller. Each passenger is allowed (excluding medications) 1 quart-sized plastic bag of liquids. Additional information about traveling with liquids can be found here.
Upon arriving at the airport, ask an airline representative at the check-in counter if they can get you assigned seats for all legs of your journey. If there is a medical reason that warrants special seating, you may call the airline’s customer service number and request seating due to a medical reason. Please be aware that this can result in needing to show additional medical paperwork to the airline.
- If you are at the airport, it is always best to connect with a gate agent or call the airlines customer service number.
- Children’s Flight of Hope representatives are available between the hours of 9 AM – 5 PM Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday. In the event of a travel emergency outside of regular business hours, please call our emergency number: (919) 274-8983. However, in order to expedite the issue, we recommend that questions, travel changes, or schedule alterations should be resolved directly with the airline on which you are booked.
Questions? We’re here to help. Call our flight line: 919.466.8593 and select Option 2, or email email@example.com.